Welcoming the Whole Family of God

 

 


About our church

Catonsville Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) reaches out to all people in friendship as a community of faith serving Jesus Christ. We gather to worship God, share fellowship, and challenge each other to grow in our experiences of faith. We are a teaching and learning community grounded in the Word of God. As disciples of Christ we glorify God by sharing the good news of God's grace and affirming the inherent worth of each person as a child of God. We endeavor to discern and apply Christ's teaching by working for justice and peace in the local and world community. Catonsville Presbyterian is a church whose faith is in dialogue with our world.

history

Catonsville Presbyterian Church began in 1879 when a small group of families gathered for worship services in the parlor of the vacant Paradise Hotel in Catonsville. In 1880, enough money was raised to buy a lot at St. Timothy's Lane and Frederick Avenue where the first house of worship was built. Our church was fostered in its beginnings by the Westminster Presbyterian Church of Baltimore. It was known as the Paradise Presbyterian Church of Catonsville until 1896, when the name on the charter was changed to the Catonsville Church. The congregation outgrew the building on St. Timothy's Lane and moved to the present location in 1921, building first the present fellowship hall and tower and then, in 1928, the sanctuary. In 1963, the new educational wing was added. From the 21 charter members received on Sunday, March 27, 1881, our fellowship has grown to include more than 500 members today.

visitors

A cordial welcome is extended to visitors to participate in worship and the many services, programs, and activities offered by our church.

     

Home | Worship and Music | Education | Children & Youth | Mission | Life in the Community | Calendar | About Us | Site Map

Catonsville Presbyterian Church, 1400 Frederick Road, Catonsville, MD 21228
410-747-6180