Peace and Justice Committee Goals
Involvement are two sides of the same coin of discipleship”
Excerpt from Peggy Hall’s message
PW Sunday Gifts of Women, 3/10/02
The Peace and Justice Committee will
work to achieve the following goals:
GOAL #1 - To increase the
sensitivity, awareness, and understanding of the
congregation to social issues in the light of Biblical faith.
Objectives: Develop and maintain effective means of
communication by :
- maintaining an accessible webpage
- providing Legislative Alerts in the
Messenger or church bulletin at least once a month
- highlighting an important social issue
during a Sunday Pulpit Announcement at least once every six weeks.
GOAL #2 - To provide leadership to
address social issues
- Select issues for particular emphasis
and encourage the congregation to seek out other social justice
- Provide forums for education and
learning by leading adult seminars on appropriate issues.
GOAL # 3 - To challenge the
congregation to become advocates through prayer, study and action.
Objectives: Provide opportunities for the congregation to
participate in social issues
- Present at least four ( 4 ) issues per
year to the congregation for action through :
- letters, e-mails, or phone calls
- contact with the Washington Office
of the PC(USA)