Peace and Justice Committee 2005
- Conducted an adult seminar on economic
justice in October.
- Maintained a bulletin board in
- Distributed “The Peace Book”. (
teaching children about the meaning of “peace”)
- Presented two pulpit announcements
about the work of the committee
- Hosted a Non-violence workshop in the
spring conducted by the Presbytery of Baltimore in conjunction with
the Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Maintained our “Covenant Church”
relationship with Bread for the World ( annual donation of $250 is
part of the church budget )
- Offering of Letters was conducted in
October advocating a just and fair federal budget.
- Committee members regularly attend
“Advocacy Days” at the Washington Office of the PC(USA).
- Hosted the Presbytery Peace and
Justice Committee in November.
- Disperse the annual Peacemaking
Offering, with the approval of the Session.
- Conduct the sale of Fair Traded Coffee
to the congregation.